Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rita Says

Rita says that at thirty eight minutes after one on the eighth day of the eighth month that I am a mess.  Rita is my cat, a maine coon to be exact.  At four pounds two ounces she is small for her breed but what she lacks in weight she makes up for in attitude.  Tonight she has decided to judge me for thinking like I do.  For thinking that while I do everything the same I expect grand changes.

Tonight Rita is right.  Attractive men in attractive relationships are what I'm attracted to.  What is taken for granted is what I covet and what I want to be.  Confidence, quiet arrogance, and self assured is what he will have.  He needs to be flawed, and complicated and intensely simple.

Tonight Rita knows what I don't.  She knows that one day, and one day soon, I will find self assured, quietly arrogant, and confident love.

No comments:

Post a Comment